Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie - Rugelach

I have made rugelach quite a few times with different recipes. For me, the trick is to only work with enough dough that it stays cold until I have put it on the pan. So I usually work with small amounts, like Dorie recommends in this recipe.

I made one batch with the filling that Dorie recommends, and one with Nutella and almonds (I saw some of the other TWD bloggers recommend this filling so I had to try it, anything with Nutella is good). Both the raspberry and nutella cookies were good, but they were a bit dry. Next time I will cook them a bit less, this time I had them in for 22 minutes.

5 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I tend to underbake my rugelach because they get dry sort of easily. Nutella and almonds sounds wonderful, and yours turned out beautifully!

Beth said...

Yours look very pretty! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com

kimberly salem said...

they look perfect! thanks for the temperature tip... i am going to have to work faster next time :) nutella sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Good tip about only working with small amounts of chilled dough. I still need to make these.

Bungalow Barbara said...

Lovely!