Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hot Cross Buns

For Easter, I decided to make something festive. I came across this recipe on one of my new favorite blogs, WildYeastBlog. Her pictures always look amazing!

Since there is only 2 of us, I halved the recipe and made 6 delicious rolls. I had to let mine proof for an extra 45 minutes (Easter dinner was taking up the oven), but they came out great. They have just a hint of sweetness and spice, so they are good for breakfast, dinner, or maybe even dessert :)

The post with the recipe also has some great history about the buns, and she writes excellent directions so I won't even post them here. Take a look...

I'd definitely make these guys again, the recipe is pretty simple. Most of the time is just spent waiting. Here are some pics of my Hot Cross Buns.


No comments: