Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Daring Bakers May Challenge - Apple Strudel

Wow, it is hard to believe it's been almost 2 months since I posted on here. Well, I have a good excuse... I had a baby! He is great, but definitely buts a cramp in my baking style. But, I am getting more used to working around him, and his schedule is a bit more predictable now so I can get some baking in.

And on to the Challenge...

The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.

This challenge was fun, not too time consuming that I couldn't fit it in, but unique enough that I had never made it before. My husband loves fruity desserts, so I had to make this one.

I only made 1/2 of the recipe (I am trying to lose those last few baby pounds, so I don't need a big dessert tempting me) and I didn't have a large enough counter to roll out the full recipe. Overall it was good, I think I may have had the dough too thin? The apples poked their way out in a few places when I was rolling it up. It crisped up nicely in oven, and the apples were good, not overcooked into mush. The recipe was easy enough and not hard to do, I would make it again, but it's not my favorite challenge.

No comments: